Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:10 pm 
Young
Young

i have scanned these forums very well now for almost 2 hours. I have searched the web on everything i can find about Dragon. I have Dragonmod11 and this is my problems. I CANT use the DragonSP. I dont know how to work it. I have read the whole 2 tutorials on here but it seems like both of them are missing somthing or maby its because im new to the whole thing. Even though i have not had a problem up untill this point. If anyone can help me to get dragonsp to work for me please do. all the tutorials say :Select your Staidx0.mul and Staticx0.mul files and select the scripts in the box then hit start." Nothing shows in the box for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:04 am 
Newb
Newb

When you use dragon its creating items and saaving them (i dont know where) you simple need to run after dragon created your map DragonSP and select patchs then start run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:21 pm 
Young
Young

ok thank you ill look for those files

Post subject: :(
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:34 am 
Young
Young

still cant make it work :( any ideas anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:06 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Dragon.exe must be ran once, and compile a complete map0.mul from a *.bmp image prior to running DragonSP.exe

Dragon.exe not only generates the map0.mul file, but also writes the static item files for the created map. After a sucessful compilation of the map0.mul, you then run DragonSP.exe. It will take the static item files Dragon wrote, and generate the statics0.mul and staidx0.mul files from them.

One other issue you might be having, DragonSP.exe will only generate statics0.mul and staidx0.ul files. Yes, that means that even though Dragon is capible of creating custom sized maps, DragonSP can only create files for map0.mul

If you are having other problems, you wil have to explain a little more about what you are doing, in detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:28 am 
Young
Young

Do you have those scripts at least? I dont know how could it be possible, it comes with Dragon lol, but look again, if you have them maybe you just need to use "search", this button doesnt work in mine my I have all the scripts in the box:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8486/dragonsp8ph.jpg

[edited image to url ~image too large~ *Dian]

"hmm... is that some kind of mental illness?"

Post subject: Hmmm
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:02 pm 
Young
Young

ok i looked and yes i have those files but see this is my problem what static and staid files do i select like is it the 1s from my real uo directory? because what the problem is is i cant seem to get the files to show up in the little box to the left like in your screen shot. It tells me no files found when i nclick search or all so thats my problem i just cant figure it out maby im just really not paying attention and the answers right in front of my face O.o

Post subject: ohhh
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:40 pm 
Young
Young

hey btw i just realized that all the scripts in your screenshot have .scp at the end of them and are a dif icon than mine. Mine are notepad icons and dont have .scp at the end of them is this why maby and if so how do i fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:19 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

I sent you a pm explaining this, figured I would post it briefly here as well for public reference. Basicly, you are trying to browse for a staidx0.mul file, with DragonSP's file browser.. Straight to the source, you dont need to enter an existing statics0.mul file, Dragon and DragonSP both are only needing a folder directory to create the new file in. Simply enter your custom folder directory into the Dragon or DragonSP entry for which ever file it is asking for, and add the file name at he end, for example:

Folder directory: C:/CustomFolder/
enter that directory into Dragon, and add the file name at the end:

Path to statics0.mul:
C:/CustomFolder/statics0.mul

and os on. Dragon will create a new statics0.mul file when you run it. Dragon will also with out a doubt accept an existing file (map0, statics0 etc) wipe its contents, and write the new map or statics to it. Personally, I believe it actually just deletes the existing one, and creates a new one... *shrugs*

Anyways, that sums it up, as him having .scp or other 'extention' tags that you dont have on your computer, would be from your Windows folder options are set to hide those file 'extentions' from you. set it to not hide them :) The different icons for files too, just a difference of him having a different program set to always open that file type, and uses a different icon for those files, or even he modified those files types to use a different icon. So relax, your computer is not messed up, its all normal stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:21 pm 
Young
Young

Sent this as a pm to Dian but ill post here incase anyone els in the community is having this poblem as well. I am hoping this entire thread will help those that need it with Dragon since there is no real good detailed tutorials out there. Maby when i myself get this completly going and understand it myself ill write 1 up. :)

Ill make this quick and hopfully fully detailed so you can tell me where i went wrong.

This is exactly what im doing...

- My map BMP file is created and finished.

- Run Dragon.exe.

- Where it says BMP File i put the following in C:\Dragon\Addon\FullMap\Noxas.bmp

- Where is says MAP File i put the following in
C:\CustomFolder\map0.mul

- Then i hit Start.

- It finishes and there i have it my map file is created but now....

after this i am stuck. It doesnt create any Statics0.mul or staidx0.mul files. And i was reading what you wrote me and i was thinking ok maby i have to make them. I Ran DragonSP.exe and i set directorys to

C:\CustomFolder\Staidx0.mul
C:\CustomFolder\Statics0.mul

and then i click search nothing happens.... i click All....Nothing happens....

This is what i cant understand why will this not work. I have done everything you said and the only thing that doesnt add up is this that yuo told me

" Dragon will create a new statics0.mul file when you run it. "

well if it is supposed to auto create the files Staidx0.mul and Statics0.mul it is not for me. And if i am supposed to create the files please tell em to do it do i use Dragon.exe or DragonSP.exe how because even though you already sort of explained it i followed every word you told me step by step and did it but the results where the same when i came to the point of running dragonSp.

After running dragon it says run DragonSP to freeze the items. *sighs* just isnt working. Sucks to work almost two months on a map and get this far for it to crap out on me. By the way i thank everyone so much for the time you have taken to help me and i think that they should put a FULLY DETAILED read me in the Dragon Folder when you download it since they dont tell you ANYTHING at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:39 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Sorry, I was assuming you had been running DragonSP.exe from the beginning.. still odd it didnt actually seem to do anything..

couple more questions:
On the computer you are using, are you logged in with an account that does have administrative privs? I would suggest if not, to log on as administrator and try it all again. *shrugs* thats just another maybe idea, but would explain the oddities like, browsing for the map0.mul and not showing up on Dragons file browser, and even DragonSP not creating the static files when you run it.. seems youd get an error about access denied though.

The other thing is, where did you download your version of Dragon, and what version is it exactly... Dragon will state its version on the programs GUI, and I think DragonSP does too.

Post subject: ah
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:13 pm 
Young
Young

I am logge din as Administrator and the version of dragon i am using is
V1.05.00 Beta lol and i have V1.05.00 Beta - Prerelease#8 those are the only 1s i could find unkless you can direct me to a more recent version thats what ive been using lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:53 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just give to someone to do that in your place, or just look closer maybe your files at C:\Your folder\dragon\Statics Are too alrge or theyr dosnt exist ,
And then RUN THWE PROGRAm And Look Closeley At the top There you need to fill in 2 Files
Like i have C:\Armand\dra\Mod9+Dragon\staidx0.mul
and the other one C:\Armand\dra\Mod9+Dragon\statics0.mul
But remember that you need to show the folder where are those static files!
And the select all and start and asnear on clean current static Yes

IF that dont help find a people who can do it in your place just Patch those Txt files if theres alot of Mb :)
hope this will help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:46 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

I was talking with Retribution32789, and he seems to have a problem beyond Dragon.. I figured since he hadnt, I would post the assumed issue he's having.

Potential problem #1, He is running Windows XP home edition pre-installed by the factory, with no instalation disk shiped with the machine.

Potential problem #2, He is actually running that on an e-Machine, not a PC. Somehow or another between those two issues, once Dragon ran, and created the static *.scp files (the txt files DragonSP uses to generate the static *.mul files) his machine somehow converted the *.scp files format to *.txt which DragonSP would not recognize at all.

I had him try to manually change the file types, yet still DragonSP would not recognize the files... meaning when DragonSP opened, the selection window for static files to use was empty.

I am posting this because I know very little about the e-Machine, and am under the assumption of that being his real problem... some sort of compatibility issue.. maybe someone out there might be able to offer him some help. The fact that it is able to run Windows tells me that it should be able to work, if someone knew how to help him administrate his settings, and he was to confirm that there had not been anything modified or changed on windows prior to his recieving the machine, or others that might use it.

My ending result after my suggestions to get Dragon to work properly ended up stressing to him that he return the e-Machine, trading it for a PC of some type.