Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:43 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I suppose there's no tool which can do this so... I have to do it manually. What do you think it would be the best steps (I use photoshop) to convert my map? Do I have to compare indexes, take note of which indexes in mod11 palette correspond to which indexes in map generator palette and then replace them by hand? with a select color command? Any hint to fasten the process is welcome :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:54 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I am not familar with Dragon's palettes, but there may be a rather straightforward way, assuming there is a mapping.

First, go into mapgenerator and for every entry, if it doesn't have a a Hash attribute, add one, and set it to be equal to the ImgIndex.

Now, you can change your ImgIndex values to match those in your Dragon palette (so if original mapgenerat had grass at ImgIndex of say 2, and Dragon had it at 5, just change the ImgIndex to 5). Ensure you have not changed the Hash value.

that should get you a good way. You may have to duplicae entires with different altitidue bases to get get the same dragon affect (just give them seperate ImIndex, but the same Hash values).

It should be close, and probably as close as you are going to get.