Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:59 am 
Young
Young

Yeah, I ran into a problem which is severely limiting my map making capabilities as it's preventing me from logging in on my own map as i update it, thusly making it impossible to check for mistakes as I go along.

Not sure what could be causing it, but i run the Map0.mul, Staidx0.mul, Statics0.mul through Dragon and DragonSP, put the new files into my Ultima Online Directory, get RunUO going and BOOM it crashes giving a bunch of errors like this..

Quote:
Exception:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\map0.mul" is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Server.TileMatrix..ctor(Map owner, Int32 fileIndex, Int32 mapID, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at Server.Map.get_Tiles()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Also it does let me move or delete the 3 files I ran through Dragon/DragonSP from my UO Directory, it says 'access denied, make sure the file isn't write-protected or in use, blah blah blah' (And yes, i made sure no other program was using the files, restarted my comp, etc, etc.)

Now, just to double check i sent my .bmp to a friend of mine who also uses Dragon Mod 9, downloaded from this site, same as mine.. But when he runs it through Dragon/DragonSP and creates the new Map Files, he can log in on it just fine.. And I never used to have this problem either, but it's started after I took a bit of a break from map building, now when i'm trying to get back into it I can't, due to this highly annoying problem..

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:02 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

The only thing i can think of is that another program is using the files i know a few programs like worldforge use the map and prevent you from opening your emulator because of it. but dragon and dragonsp ive left open after ive changed the map and loaded runuo and never have had that problem.. is anything else open?? in your system tray,. are you running multiple instances of somthing in task manager?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:05 am 
Young
Young

Pretty much the only thing running is MSN, lol.. I don't even have WorldForge or any other Map-Effecting programs on my comp yet.. Waiting til my map reaches that point before downloading and using such things.

Post subject: did you try
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:40 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

did you try reseting your pc. that always works with windows hahahah. what windows are you using.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:09 am 
Master
Master

Check the file properties. It's possible they're set wrong...?

When you start the server, have you already started a client? Are your client and server using different copies of the files (this is highly recommended)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:42 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Make a copy of the files, then go to DOS and try to delete them from the DOS window.

If that doesn't work, boot up in safe mode and again try to delete them from DOS.

If THAT doesn't work, try Gipo@Moveonboot. It's a pretty handy program for getting rid of nasty files that Windows wants to lock down on startup (like some adware and virus files). And its free!

http://www.gibonsoft.net/gipoutils/fileutil/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:44 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

your right hellrazor for some reason windows never lets me delete files bigger then a gig so i had to get gipo. works great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:16 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

whats wrong with shift+delete