Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:03 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Hello all,

I use to make maps all the time (Around Mod9s Release) but i notice now that i am tring mod11 some differants, In Photoshop i made my old mountian action and i used colors from the mod11eng.png but the colors do not come up correctly for me in photoshop in an index. Here is an example below

Using an action, Contract 1, fill, repeat
This should go from 5 mountion to 70 mountion

As you can see its not even colors, They seem to blend together in some spots. Before that never happened. Just wondering what could be wrong with this.

Also before there was a program to convert a normal map to the size of a ilsh map or malas map, And is there anything for the tokuno maps?

Thanks

Ronin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:46 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

you have to clear the current swatch then place in the Mod11 one from what i remember

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:49 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Hi RoninGT, good to see you here:

I dont use Photoshop, but I think your fist issue may have something to do with your tool settings not allowing 100% full color placement.. like its trying to blend the color transitions, rather than fill in pure color.

As to the other map sizes, Dragon wont do that 100% By use of Dragon, you would have to draw a map on your typical 6144x4096 size bmp, in an area that is relative to another map size.. then after rendering into a map0.mul, you would have to use another tool (UO Copy,etc) to copy that section of the map0.mul over to another map file, like map2 or map3.

Dragon will generate other sized maps with no trouble, but DragonSP only supports creating statics0 set. So you would not be able to generate statics files to any other sized map.

There is another alternative, and that would be using the new Map Generator. You can find some info on it within these forums, but more so on http://worldmaker.ryandor.com

While the transition scripts are still in progress to complete, it is still completely functional as it is. To give you the basics, it uses a terrain and altitude image to generate your map, while still using the 8 bit color palette like Dragon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:02 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

go to Mode, and select Indexed Color

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:54 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Kronos wrote:
go to Mode, and select Indexed Color

It was in Indexed, But i found the problem and fixed it.
Thanks all

Ronin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:36 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Dian wrote:
Hi RoninGT, good to see you here:

I dont use Photoshop, but I think your fist issue may have something to do with your tool settings not allowing 100% full color placement.. like its trying to blend the color transitions, rather than fill in pure color.

As to the other map sizes, Dragon wont do that 100% By use of Dragon, you would have to draw a map on your typical 6144x4096 size bmp, in an area that is relative to another map size.. then after rendering into a map0.mul, you would have to use another tool (UO Copy,etc) to copy that section of the map0.mul over to another map file, like map2 or map3.

Dragon will generate other sized maps with no trouble, but DragonSP only supports creating statics0 set. So you would not be able to generate statics files to any other sized map.

There is another alternative, and that would be using the new Map Generator. You can find some info on it within these forums, but more so on http://worldmaker.ryandor.com

While the transition scripts are still in progress to complete, it is still completely functional as it is. To give you the basics, it uses a terrain and altitude image to generate your map, while still using the 8 bit color palette like Dragon.

Thanks, Nice to be here :), Guess i missed the part in your post about UOCopy, Thank you very much.

Ronin