Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:15 pm 
Master
Master

This is my basic take what i have on notebook paper and see what i get, just wondering what you guys think of the odd shape of the map as it currently stands....

This will be a world of total anarchy and maximum pvp.....there is one major continent and it is slowly crumbling. I have a twenty page short story on how the world was discovered but i figured you wouldnt want to read that, but here is the basic shape of the Hellenious Geshim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:23 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Hmm might be a little big if that is the entire map area. Running across that much open area for an hour would bore them to death ( I know it does me)

Depending on how you chop it up with natural obsticals though it could work good.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:31 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

If that's a map0 map, it's huge and would need a LOT of players to make interesting, or a lot of terain where one can't walk (mountains, lakes, etc.)

Also, unless you are going to Z up those rivers in the middle where they originate, as if they come out of a HUGE mountainm it's going to be a bit strange to have 3 quite large rivers originate from a hole in the ground.

Worldwrap could work out nice on it I think.

I realy don't see how you are going to bring such a large area to 'life' tho, unless you equal the OSI playerbase. (presuming this is map0)

Greetz
Planet_Jeroen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:35 pm 
Master
Master

Believe me there will be plenty of obstacles, and this isnt my main world...this is a world i will secretly release to players when they dont suspect it.

This is just the shape, im not gonna have it all open...infact it will be a mix of risk pvm because of open pvp. This is a dark world that is incredibly dangerous (it looks like crap now...but just you wait....)

Main world is Menmar, and it's a lot harder to piece together, because i want to make Menmar a world of connections and not just lslands all over....in the library today i drew random continents with my eyes closed, worked pretty good. now im seeing if i can merge them