Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Custom Towns
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:53 am 
Newb
Newb

what would be the easy way to build a custom town i tryed useing pandoras box and it is giveing me a hard time is there any other way of makeing custom towns?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:14 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

What emulator are you using for your shard?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:52 am 
Newb
Newb

iam useing Runuo and i just checked out the program UO Architect 2.6 but it seams like it is just a program that u build custom houses like useing the house plasment tool i want more thinking makeing buildings like moolglow bank and stutch buildings like that pluss i dont think i installed the program right any way cuz my sever is not picking it up :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:53 am 
Newb
Newb

i did a doble post so i wanted to add this i dont want to have to install any more programs i have installed like 30 of them all ready and iam just geting aa headegg and half of them arent working y i dont know.

what would be nice is if some one could right a install guide from the the start
install UO then install .net 1.1 then RUNuo and so on and so forth but with where each install goes i have a empty harddrive i would like to use for my sever but it seams like i need to have a OS installed for the files to be installed probley but any way all the help i can get i will take because iam doing all this by my self and thx to all that help :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:16 am 
Master
Master

I've used UOArchitect a little, and I found it very useful. But before it gets to be useful, you have to create the structures you want to place and get them into the UOA database. You could just start an empty RunUO shard and go around ripping the building that you like. Once you have the buildings you like in the database, you can start up your new world and place them where you want, freeze them, etc. You can also build things directly in a multi viewer, then import them to your database to add to your shard, although I found it easier at the time to build directly in the shard using Pandora's Box.

Unfortunately, it's been a while since I've done this (Ithink I had version 2.2), so the details are kind of fuzzy, but I know it works, unless they've reduced the functionality...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:28 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you have RunUO working?

If so, you need to follow the instructions for UOA to install the RunUO files for UOA.

It sounds like the UOA files for RunUO aren't installed correctly, and if you don't do that, you can't use UOA to copy stuff to and from the shard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:29 pm 
Master
Master

Hm... i ever liked to use pandoras box, and get huge skill in use it. At least it lets to make buildings as you like certainly and you can fix anything at any time....

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:45 pm 
Newb
Newb

ok this is what i got F:\RunUO 1.0\UO Architect 2.6 then there is the clint and the sever folders where do i put each of them and do i have to move indival files anywhere..

and if possible can u post how u got your UO folder and run UO set up folder tree would be nice
pls :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:47 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Check out these tutorials here:

http://www.orbsydia.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=210

http://www.orbsydia.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=209