Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Map Help
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:39 pm 
ok this is what i want to do i made a custom map all water but one part of the map and i load it up i start to walk around then i walk so far on the map and it goes black and i cant be seen what is the problem here??

iam just trying to make Malas map a full dungeon map what is the best way to do this??? make the hole map grass,water or what would be the best terrain to start with? iam useing UOlandscap cuz it is so easy to use and make the MUL files and what not... then when i get the terrain how i want it what program would be best to make houses and towns etc ect....

i was also wondering if i could make a folder for all the custom files i make and have pandora's box go to thoes files... with the MUL files do i have to replace the old files or can i have a spreat folder?

thx to all that can help :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:45 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Your explanation to the map trouble is really vague.. It is nearly impossible to get any idea what you mean, where it might be happening, etc.. It almost sounds like you are saying you are walking around on water, and then you dissapear... but that cant be.

If you have a section of land somewhere on your new map, and there is just one area that seems to be a void, my first assumption is that it is the line area that would normally seperate the actual OSI landmass from the Dungeon area. Wich is created by the client. There is no way to avoid this area. Your option here, move the chunk of land you created west more, out of the way of this line on the map.

As for pandora's box, you *should be able to use a custom folder for it, so long as it has all the required files pandoras box needs... like, art.mul, radar.col, etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:09 pm 
humm so u are saying i have to make my costom map off the oriangal map to avoide the dungeon areas?

sorry about the other post umm all i want to do is make a costom map size (320x256) iam going to make it all grass or do i have to make a dungeon area? but the thing is i want the hole map to be a dungeon execpt one or two areas for starting point and house area and town area..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:21 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

No, what I was trying to say is, the dividing line on the original map that seperates the actual world and the dungeon area can not be used. And by that, I mean if you fill the entire map with grass, there will be a black void line that will stretch from the top (northern) to the bottom of the map, in that area. that is created by the client, not the map file, or the game, or scripts of RunUO (or whatever other emu maybe used) so avoid this area.

If you dont know where this line is, check the OSI map with InsideUO and see where the world area stops, and the dungeon area starts.

Its only about 4-6 tiles wide, and stretches the entire length of the map north to south.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:39 pm 
go ya thx man

just to let you onkw what iam trying to do

ok i go to make new make map Image in UOlandscaper enter what i want dun but i have no clue what the dungeon area option does any idea <noob question

also what would be the best terrain to start with? what iam trying to do is make a map that u start in a town made by me then u go to the never ending dungeon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:45 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Well, Ive never used UOL since the 1.1 release is going to be completly useless when 2.0 is out (if it ever does get released.. sorry Orb, no offence to you guys)

But, generally starting your base tiles with water -5 is the most universal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:08 am 
Master
Master

First off, if you're planning to make a dungeon-only map, I'd suggest starting with a base of black 0. Second, if you want UOL support, I suggest hitting the Orbsydia forums. While most people here have played with UOL, you're more likely to find Dragon support here and UOL support there.

Chameleon wrote:
but i have no clue what the dungeon area option does any idea <noob question

As for this, while I'm not positive, I assume it creates the black border you're seeing...?