Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Static Blocks?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:13 pm 
Newb
Newb

Ok I looked at a couple recent posts and none of them clearly told me what I should be doing.
Alright I have created a map correctly. It works but I keep getting statics blocks (think thats what they're called) on the map.
So my question is how do I totally get rid of these static blocks? They are extremely annoying.

Thx,

-Demos

-- edit --
FYI:
I will not accept ways that require me to tell players to do something manualy. Such as 'Delete your Map Diff files'. In my opinion that is retarted to have to tell each player to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:08 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Hello demos, and welcome to Ryandors.

By static blocks, I am assuming you mean like.. spots that you 'bump' into.. as if theres a tree there, but theres really nothing at all?

If so, Id guess theres maybe also spots where you just cant seem to move at all... or sometimes you cant even teleport to a spot, cause the target just disappears when you click it?

If so, your DataPath.cs files needs edited. Maybe you have edited it already, but somthings not right with it anyways.

find the line

Code:
private static string CustomPath = null;

and change it to the client folder holding your new map files.

Code:
private static string CustomPath = @"C:\RunUOClient";

If you havent already done so, make RunUO its own set of *.mul files to read, rather than the ones in the Program Files\Ultima Online install folder.
You wont be able to freeze and melt the statics in game anyways, if you have RunUO and your client both reading off the same folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:50 pm 
Ah, yes problem has been fixed and thx for the help. Although that wasnt exactly the issue. it was bits of OSI's map on top of mine. But i looked around found some recent code of yours and just dropped a line of that into my DataPath.cs file.

Thx
-Demos