Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:29 am 
I was wondering aside from the technical stuff what are the diffrences in these EXEs? like the coast for Mod 11 is diffrent from that of 9+. Now I know that there is scripts (*.txt files) that do the work on the coast, but is there anythink in the EXE file that is used as well? The reason Im asking is this, I would like to use the Mod 11 EXE with the Mod 9+ script set, now I know there where changes in the way the groups are used. That is no biggie I have already begun to change them over, but before I finish I would like to know that it is for a good cause. Without going into to much detail, I think you understand what Im asking :)

P.S im also building my own Color table as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:52 am 
Master
Master

D11 and D9 scripts are using sam inscription system, so they're totally compatible. D11 can to render malas and ilshenar maps too, while D9 cannot (or can, but i'vent tried to)...

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:30 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

9 uses the 1.36.2 core, but includs a maptrans for 1.05 as well (and I think instructions are there somewhere on how to swap it).
10 and 11 use the 1.05 core exclusively. Also 11 is using a newer 1.05 than 9 and 10 (PR 8a)
1.05 is much faster than 1.36.2

I can't believe how much you people whine about the coasts. Dragon is not a 1 stop mapmaking program. The mod 11 coasts are a lot easier to correct in worldforge than the earlier (default) coast scripts and that was the reason they went in.

Anyway, it is a very simple matter to switch back to the default coast scripts with mod 11, which has more complete/improved scripts than mod 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:26 pm 
???? Whining about the coast....Nope, I like the coast that mod 11 makes, and infact have written a Coast.fix file for the NW coast of my map. MAN that took sometime. Please dont think Im whining :( I just like some of 9+ and I like some of 11, I want the best of both worlds is all :) I myeslf (this is just my oppinon) I dont like Mod 11s color table. I like 9s better but I have decided to make my own :) and thx for the imput. Sorry if I mad you supset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:54 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

No worries. I'm usually laughing when I'm writing some wisecrack like that. Usually when I read something about the mod 11 coasts it is complaining. Granted it is a bit hard to understand where I was going with it. UOL it was more fully realized because it was a more capable program, but there was still an issue with cliffs descending into the water looking like shit. It's all about compromise.
Anyway, best of luck to you and maybe you might just release your own mod. I didn't like my colortable either, it was the best I could do, but I freely admit I am graphically challenged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:56 am 
LoL Graphicly chalanged :) thats ok I have read many many posts about mod 11 and its coasts, and I could see how you could get abit frustrated
with the complaining. Now that brings me to one more thing I just found out. Mod 11 fix file. I have been writing a fix file for some time now (wipes the sweat from his brouw) and I gave it a test run last night and it didnt work, so I did some searching and found a obscure post about that not working ion Mod 11? is that true???? The reason I kinda beleive this is because it wont load into the program (Dragon.exe) I tried to type it in but even though I can type it in it still does nothing to the map.

here is the first couple lines I put in ( LoL the are MANY more)

//#####################################################################
// This is an after-fix table. If you make changes with worldforge
// and want use other tables and recalculating you will never do your
// Worldforge changes again. In future i will release a program to create
// these tables automatic.
//
//#####################################################################
// NOTE: this format has been fixed since there is an internal error in Dragon when reading this file
//####################
// X Y ID(dec) Z(hex)
//####################
0000 0000 0008 0000
0000 0012 0009 -12
3442 2289 0199 -5
3443 2288 0199 -5
3444 2287 0198 -5

That is the right way....correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:17 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

I don't remember if the fix table ever worked right anyway. Supposedly what it was for was that if you had certain tiles that you wanted something to be at that Dragon couldn't place you could put it there with the fix table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:36 pm 
Ok cool thanks for the heads up on that. I had written like 800 lines, glad I didnt finish.