Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:52 am 
Hello. I currently am running with ML Elf support on my server bc I recoded it, and I have a custom map. For some reason. When I try to import my custom map into the ML server. I fall through the tiles. and parts ofThe only difference is the map0.mul file the ML appears to be larger by like 11 megs. Can anyone assist me in converting my custom map to support so that I don't fall through the tiles?
Thank You

Jesse
Owner of www.runuoscripts.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:53 pm 
Master
Master

Hmmm... strange thing. Possibly unpropertly working dragon made that result. Did you replaced a map0.mul in your ML client or to some other one?
Can't really say. I already had practice with ML mapmaking and all was nice.

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject: MAP ML Files
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:59 pm 
Xenoth wrote:
Hmmm... strange thing. Possibly unpropertly working dragon made that result. Did you replaced a map0.mul in your ML client or to some other one?
Can't really say. I already had practice with ML mapmaking and all was nice.

Ok... I'll me more specific. I am running a modified version on runuo server. It is cored to emulate the new ML Elf support on log in. I copyed the ML Files Over to the server, and updated the patch with a new map0.mul file. When I log in. I fall through the tiles of my custom map onto the normal Fel map... Client or Server error? I tried to edit the mapdefinition.cs file and adjust the size of the map, to no help.. The map I'm using is a very small one as I have a normal playerbase on our server of 20plus at times. Thank You

Jesse
www.runuoscripts.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:30 pm 
Master
Master

The existence of original Fel map under the new map driving me to think that trouble is in patch program. To make map working perfectly, you need to replace a map0.mul in client directory by your custom map, which must have same size and dimensions than one map you are replacing. So i you replacing a Fel map, that should be 6144x4096 dimensioned map, although you will get bugs. That what can i say. Wait for responce of forum administrators, who are much more experienced in that purpoce. I haven't ever used a map patch so i cant to be helpful in your trouble.

Xenoth

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:26 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Mondain's Legacy changed the size of Map0.Mul to 7168 x 4096.

It sounds like you might be trying to use an "old" size Map0.mul with the newer Mondain's Legacy client? If so, this may help:

http://www.orbsydia.com/forum/showthrea ... L+map+size

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:04 pm 
Community Guy

Wait... did you say you are falling THROUGH the custom man unto the regular brittania map??!

:?

And how did you build/import this custom map?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:44 pm 
Master
Master

Yeah, i was shocked too. Possibly old map is uncleaned, so map have both maps in one with old (fel) altitude data, so it is ignoring new map and using old alt. data, so it looks like you are falling trough... hmm...