Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:20 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey all.. I've created my map how i want it but need a cave creator. Iv'e tryed doing it myself but have failed..and would hope to get some great individual to do them for me. Please write back here or contact me through MSN. Thank You.
MSN = joeyhathorne@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:53 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

There is a tutorial on how to make them in the forums here as well as on the main page.

The easiest way (and the way I prefer) is to only make the entrance on the main map and place teleporters into the dungeon region.

This does away with all the roof replacing, the black trim and laying tiles to the entrance. It also makes it more realistic since it would be dark in the cave and people could not see in or out of the cave there by increasing the "surpise!" factor.

Doing it this way will allow you to place 10 caves in the time it takes to make one and the real beauty is that you can switch the teleporters around if you desire later. That old cave may have suddenly become the breakthrough point for some dark and evil hoard now over running the countryside.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:08 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do i just make the entrances? do i use Dragon for this? or do i use another program?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:23 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

You can add them with Dragon or you can do each manually with Worldforge either will give you the same result in the end.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:54 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

so how do i do it with Dragon.. is there a tutorial? and when i make em with Dragon..does it jsut look like one cave slit? and nothing around it? or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:00 am 
Master
Master

http://www.ryandor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=621
check this one. i'm not sure but possiby it is one what are you need.

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:07 am 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Here is the Ryandor cave tutorial from the "Guides" section on the main page.

http://www.ryandor.com/files/caveentrances2.pdf

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:53 am 
Master
Master

I'm with Dev (not literally, of course) when it comes to caves. I much prefer placing teleport tiles and having my caves in the dungeon area. That way, you can have actual "moutain" walls, place wooden beams if they're mines and lay up torches for light, if you so desire, but the rest is dark and "unexplored". :)

-CMS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:19 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Bear in mind Dev, Ry's tutorials haven't been updated since mod 9 and a lot of things work very differently in mod 11.
I coulda swore I did a basic cave entrance tut somewhere, maybe I'll look for it after dinner.
I have to go through scripts and notes to be able to tell you how it's done, because I had plans to make it a little more streamlined and easier but I don't remember if I ever followed through with them.

There are the terrains for the 2 types of cave entrances (dark and clear) and they do work, but are only in 3 altitudes so may require some tinkering in WF. If your map is completely done (with Dragon compiles that is) it is going to be easier to put the entrances in with WF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:35 pm 
Master
Master

I'm in process of making slighty new palette for D9 now... RPG-edition, if certainly...

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:16 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Yeah I know they have changed for the better!

Personally I do all my caves in Worldforge simply because of the elevation limits on the charts/scripts. Most of my caves are in weird locations and require a loving touch by hand (NOT THAT KINDA TOUCH!)

I also remember you posting some tutorials for the newer Dragons btw.

Dev
Just because I stabbed him in the eye with a chop stick doesnt mean I'm evil or didnt care...I was aiming for the fly and it got blown out of context! :P