Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Troubles wth New map
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:25 am 
Master
Master

I'm sorry if there was a lot of similar topics - i looking for them a lot, but everywhere a question was different, so other answer was too.

I'm planned to add a new facet to my UOshard. I followed instructions and painted my new world, using dragon PSP color palletes. So i got a bmp. Then i made copies of statics files and map0.mul file, used Dragon, morphing BMP into copied 'map0.mul' and finally pached copied stat-files. Then i rename them to 'map5.mul' 'statidx5' 'statics5' (i.e. just changing index numbers) and put them all to my UO root dir. Then i put definition into my RunUO script 'MapDefinitions.cs':

RegisterMap( 32, 5, 5, 6144, 4096, 1, "Arcane", MapRules.FeluccaRules );

Like that. Full of infinite hapyness i launched a RunUO server, launched UO and tried to move my admin into new dimension, but Fatal Error says, that 'faset 5 unknown'.
There is a trouble. Please tell me where i was mistaken, and why UO dont see my map? I'll be very thankful! My players can't hold their patience anymore :( Thanks!!!

=UO direct: D:/UO/
=RunUoserv: C:/RunUO/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:10 am 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

You cannot add new maps to the official client; you must replace already existing ones instead, and the new map must match the size of the map being replaced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:51 pm 
Master
Master

Great thanks, Sydius! It's really sadly, that exacly new facets cannot be created. Anyway thanks for you for answer.
In processes of testings, i realised that Dragon Mod 11 is weird working ( isn't). I. E. by making map with that you drawing a map with 11 Mod Photoshop pallete, but in that time the Dragon11 program convert it with Dragon9 one. So using a pallete 'lava 20' (or like it) i've got a brown brick floor instead ( using 'desert 10' but getting a sandstone floor 15... and so on). So for now i'm using a DragonMod9. There i got troubles with some transitions. Basically my new faset consisting a Starfloor space, instead of Water. Did the Dragon9 have any transitions scripts for Starfloor, so to give me ability to making a land like in Malas? Or it will require to making a transitions by WorldForge MapEditing tool? I have got the same troubles with lava rivers, that laying over a Sand. How about that problem?

Afterwards, i've got troubles with statics patching - using DragonSP.exe at Statics and Staidx in a UO root ( with new map0 in it) i encountering a message 'no items found', so patching operation ending even not starting to... and after that i find my water coastlines looks oddly. Whats a trouble there?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:58 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

No, mod 11 does not use the mod 9 palette. You've probably got an incorrectly setup base image and so even though you are painting on it with the mod11 palette it isn't the palette the image is set to use. Do some searching.

DragonSP does not currently work with anything other than the old size map 0 (6144x4096). We've been waiting for Darus to update it for some time now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:20 am 
Master
Master

Before to painting a map with D11 palette, i have used an photoshop action, included in Dm11 product ( in 'addon' folder), that should to organize photoshop to Indexed Color Mode and adjusting a color pallete to special Dragon palette. But using that action in result change palette to Dm9 one, not to Dm11. Maybe the problem is that Dm11 pack including a wrong "action" file. Shortly, Dm11 have a wrong palette for photoshop, coz' it wrongly converting it's own colors.

It wil be great, if Dragon get ability to convert an illshenar and Malas maps... Altrough i was really sad that UO client cant register additional maps, i wish to remake some world ( actually, Tokuno, as far as that facet haven't any real purpose and in all time of our administrating work it was visited only by newbie Ninjas/Samurai...

So, how about transitions Stars/Rock and Lava/****?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:40 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

i think its possible but you dont have a map5.mul im thinking if you use a dummy.mul file for map5 dragon should be able to read it in which case you might be able to do it (ive seen something similar done before)

toy with things, if it doesnt work, try again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:16 pm 
Master
Master

I have tried a lot, but by anyway UO client just sending message 'unknown faset 5' after tries to move your character into that map. So the trouble is in that client cant possibly register a new file. Maybe it avaliable to script a client for new map* and stat* files, but i wonder how to do it. Currently a client reading only original four facets...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:23 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

You cannot add more maps than already exist in Ultima, even those you replace have to be the same size as the ones you change.

The "Only" way to change map sizes or add maps would be to create your own "client". The client is what controls how many maps and their dimensions, not RUNUO.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:55 am 
Master
Master

Yeah, i mean exacly that. So, it is possible to replace Ilshenar, Malas and Tokuno maps at this moment?

And, i dare to repeat my question, did DragonMod11 working perfectly? This is my mistake, when dragon.exe convert BMP file, drawn by D11 palette, to a map using a D9 palette, or it's a 'MapTemplates.atn' problem?

My actions:
-create a new file 6144x4096
-open 'Map Temlates.atn' from -DragonMod11/Addon/- folder.
-use Tram/Fel Map_Template/Convert Mode action.
-open 'Dragon-Mod11.aco color palette from -DragonMod11/Addon/- folder.
-draw a map and save it.
-making a map using Dragon.exe from -DragonMod11- folder.

Exacly that action giving a weird result of absolute difference between actions and their results.

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:09 am 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

There are tutorials and forum threads on how to make each of the maps but here are the basics.

Use the Trammel/Fel maps to make your work then after they are "Finished" you can copy and paste them into what ever map you like with UOCopy to which a link can be found in the forums to as well.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:02 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

There is no map action for mod11. It is the map action for mod9 it was probably included as an oversite because it was with the rest of Ry's actions for Photoshop, which are useful no matter what mod you are using.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:35 am 
Master
Master

Stormcrow wrote:
There is no map action for mod11. It is the map action for mod9 it was probably included as an oversite because it was with the rest of Ry's actions for Photoshop, which are useful no matter what mod you are using.

I see... thats mean that i sould use PhSp with RGB setting, using pencil against of brush?

P.S. i've started writing a tutorial, where i want to include all of my recieved experience in. Damn...if i wasn't russian and knew an English a little more, it could be much easier...

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:16 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Yes, either create a new image from scratch or take an existing mod11 map and erase it. You can also take a mod9 image in PS and then adjust the colortable of the image itself from in PS.

Go to Image->Mode->Colortable, then load the dragon-mod11.act file and hit ok. Now your image will be mod11. Be sure to make the image all 1 color (like ocean) before you convert as everything is going to be off and you'll have to redraw. While it is possible to manually convert a finished mod9 map to mod11 it is tedious.

If you get stuck and can't translate something well you can go ahead and post in Russian. My wife is fluent in Russian (although bear in mind she is a non-gamer).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:34 am 
Master
Master

Off top question: How to make a full-view picture of a map? I need it to optimize Pandoras Box to my custom map....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:44 pm 
Master
Master

Hello!!!! Anybody here?
Where are you?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:56 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

For questions regarding "Pandora's Box" you should try the "RUNUO" forums, they have a section just for Pandora and should be able to answer your question.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:33 am 
Master
Master

I just have been seen a screenshot from another shards, both at site and at forum. I'm just wondering how to get a full view to a map, tired looking on a dragon-specialized bmp, that a far away from a certain world view. Actually i require it not only for PB but for shard site too. So i need help in getting map view but not help in adjusting PB to it ( i crearly understand that PB is not related in there )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:28 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

You can use the "InsideUO" program to see the finished map, then you simply save a copy as a BMP file and adjust the size in photoshop, paint or paintshop.

There is a special program link somewhere here in the forums which will allow you to see overhead shots of locations.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:16 am 
Master
Master

Great Thanks!

P.S. wow... i've got a really nice map....