Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:35 am 
Newb
Newb

Hello all,

I have a question concerning my custom map. So far everything is working great. I was curious though is there a way to see the cities/statics I built and froze into my statics.

As in, when I open my Map to edit it, I can see the cities/structures I built, so I can change land, water around it?

If your still wondering what im talking about, let me try to explain it better. I have made a custom map. I then started to create my walls for my city, but realized the landmass I created for my city is to big, so I wanted to change the land mass AROUND the walls. I was hoping I could see them in the M2B program, but it only shows the MAP0 and not the statics. This would help a lot in the end, so I could work around the statics and not have to delete them, reform the land, and make the walls again.

Being able to see the statics I built on the map while im working in Adobe would be great.

Please respond if you know how to help.

-Max

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:32 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Max wrote:
Hello all,

I have a question concerning my custom map. So far everything is working great. I was curious though is there a way to see the cities/statics I built and froze into my statics.

As in, when I open my Map to edit it, I can see the cities/structures I built, so I can change land, water around it?

If your still wondering what im talking about, let me try to explain it better. I have made a custom map. I then started to create my walls for my city, but realized the landmass I created for my city is to big, so I wanted to change the land mass AROUND the walls. I was hoping I could see them in the M2B program, but it only shows the MAP0 and not the statics. This would help a lot in the end, so I could work around the statics and not have to delete them, reform the land, and make the walls again.

Being able to see the statics I built on the map while im working in Adobe would be great.

Please respond if you know how to help.

-Max

After posting here, there really isnt a need to PM one with the exact same message.

I can not speak for the tools available here, as I am not familar with them (Dragon, etc). However, a little looking would have found that you could edit (and thus see) your statics on your map with WorldMaker Map Editor (at http:///www.orbsydia.com ) , and Iris has a maprenderor tool that will rendor your map with artwork to an image.

One also may want to consider one's building approach. If you Use Worldmaker MapGenerator, you could specify structure files (generated by placing buldings, caves, dungeons, etc that you made in WorldMaker Multi and placing them on your image via MLT Placer). When MapGenerator creates the map, it would include those buildings as well (Note, it uses UOL transisition files, not Dragons).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I, too, recieved this exact same message as a PM. There is no ned to spam people with the exact same question. That is a good way to get ignored.

Posting your question in the forums ensures everyone can see your message and gives the best possibility of reply. It also helps those in the future doing a search for similiar topics.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:09 pm 
Newb
Newb

ill give you great anwser Max you have to write down cordnate to loctaions is your safest bet and a sure-fire way you know that you wont have to Deal with bugs that will scar your map and then have redo the whole thing again.

just keep working at it and have fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:47 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

and don't post questions in the mapmaking tutorials forum. It is for tutorials only. This forum (map making help) is for asking questions.