Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another WF Problem
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:42 pm 
I tried checking orbsydia before here but they were down so...

I am going through the map with worldforge after dragon 9 to tweak some things (cave entrances, grass bumps, etc) and one problem i've encountered is the moss section.

In both worldforge and inside UO, the moss and moss to swamp tiles appear (around 2132 or 0x0854) and when i place them on the map with worldforge, i see the moss appear, but when the map is compiled the moss comes back as unused tiles. Why is that? is something not set correctly?

also, the swamp areas on the map show up as black tiles in worldforge though the map looks okay. is this a similar problem? how would i go about fixing it? thanks in advance for any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:06 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

If I remember correctly older versions of WF do not properly display the swamp tiles. Also if you are using the 3d client I think the swamp tiles (among others) are not the same as the 2d client (which is what Dragon scripts are designed for).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:19 pm 
we are running the 2d client as we do not like the 3d client graphics and the fact that a lot of things are not supported with 3d.

i'll check on the actual version of worldforge that we are using but i'm still not understanding why a tile would show up in worldforge and inside uo, seem to work on the map when placed with worldforge, and yet get the unused tile inserted when compiled.

Post subject: WorldMaker
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:19 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

YOu may want to try WorldMaker Map Editor. It replaced my version of WorldForge. At http://www.ragedcom.com/punt/wfmap.rar (and you need the qt.rar there as well).

More info can be found on the WorldMaker suite of tools in the WorldMaker section of Orbsydia

( such as a map generator that is compatable with UOL transistions, and a MLT placer that lets you add buildings , etc onto your terrain image that the map generator will incoperate when it creates the map.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:32 am 
thank you very much. i am checking it out right now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:43 am 
okay i downloaded the qt.rar and the wfmap.rar files and running into a bit of a problem. when it comes to actual computer functions, i'm a bit on the dull side of the knife. where do the qt dll files go? how do i put those files in so the wfmap will work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:44 am 
Never mind. got it. heh

Post subject: Refresh
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:34 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Just a note, I did do a minor refresh on WM Map this afternoon. It was not calculating the effective altitudes, so will have some sorting issues (most noticable on coast lines).

The refresh addresses this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:52 pm 
thats cool. one question i do have is with the randomization? is that not functioning or not available?

otherwise, i'm totally impressed with the program. good work.

Post subject: Not in the feature set.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:05 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Worldmaker does not do randomization.

That was a feature of WF that was not carried over with this release.

With Orbsydia down, instructions for the Map Editor are not avialble.

But you can drag from the palette and drop (the tile type must match your editing mode). as well as drag between facets. Holding the shift key when dropping (within a facet) will result in a move (art tiles only).

and of course, one can cut/copy/paste as well between facets (for art tiles, into WM Multi as well and vice versa).

Post subject: Re: WorldMaker
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:27 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

punt1959 wrote:
( such as a map generator that is compatable with UOL transistions, and a MLT placer that lets you add buildings , etc onto your terrain image that the map generator will incoperate when it creates the map.)

Damn punt, you been busy! I haven't kept up on things (particularly on Orb's end) That's fantastic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:54 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Stormcrow wrote:
Damn punt, you been busy! I haven't kept up on things (particularly on Orb's end) That's fantastic.

Just dabbling really. I just wanted a tool suite that would let me build structures (houses, dungeons, landscape, etc) off line (WM Multi), then paint a map (gimp, paint, etc), then place those structures on the map graphically (MLT Placer), then generate it in less then 15 minutes for the largest map withoug taking more then 80MB of memory (Map Generator), and then cleanup with any editing (Map Editor).

Ensure they all worked well together.

Just hadn't seen that, so decided, what the heck.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:18 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

punt1959 wrote:
Just dabbling really. I just wanted a tool suite that would let me build structures (houses, dungeons, landscape, etc) off line (WM Multi), then paint a map (gimp, paint, etc), then place those structures on the map graphically (MLT Placer), then generate it in less then 15 minutes for the largest map withoug taking more then 80MB of memory (Map Generator), and then cleanup with any editing (Map Editor).

Ensure they all worked well together.

Just hadn't seen that, so decided, what the heck.

Yeah, no big deal. Nothing to it.
Sydius will soon come and tell us could have pulled it all out of his ass years ago, but no-one wanted to stroke his ego enough (or pay him) for him to do it.

Behold people, this is one of the great minds of the emu community and people who have accomplished far less have far bigger egos (yours truly included).

Post subject: Well..
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:37 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I am sure there are issues, and the code isn't the cleanest!

But it was fun.

On a side note, I also did a diff viewer (it lets you merge or delete a diff block on a block by block resolution). http://www.ragedcom.com/punt/diffs.rar (once again, need qt.rar). set the diffs.xml to your direcotry where the mul files are.

Gives you a block display of your map, with color in ones that are patched via diffs (two views, one for map and one for statics).

Then you just double click on a patched block to get an image of teh before and after, as well as a list (recall, some are blank).

You can then either merge that block, delete that block, or "keep" it (decide to change a merge or deleted block back to its oringal patch state). merge merges that block into the mul. Just do a save, and it writes it to the muls.

Not really part of the suite, but something I needed for one instance. The image for terrain isn't stretched, I just offset the tiles by their altitude (go to the list for a detailed view of the information).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:22 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Awesome.
For your next trick can you make UOG work :twisted: