Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dragon Bmp to Map
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:00 am 
Young
Young

I followed the guide for the Win Paintbrush Tutorial. In fact The first thing I did was use the Generic map he had in the guide. I loaded it through both Dragon 9 and 11. did everything correctly. Tried it 4 times at least. Now the problem is as follows...

The empty Blue part of the map came up grass. The empty space between the dungon space and xtra land mass areas came up desert. I didnt modify the file at all.

I then proceeded to make my own map useing the BMP file with the color codes ect.. When i was done my whole map was grass for the water, but the tree area and swamp areas ect.. came up fine,, but all my water was grass? any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:50 am 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

See here for some related info http://www.ryandor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2461
It is most likely you don't have your image properly indexed for the dragon mod you are using. If you use an image formated for mod9 with mod11 it is not going to come out right. The converse is true as well.
The image has to be using the proper colortable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:02 pm 
Young
Young

I was doing the same thing that guy was. Now that i have the correct RBG of the various levels of the Grass/snow lava what ever.. Im gonna test it now, believe me when i say that RGB Chart should be the life saver =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:33 pm 
Young
Young

okey as i further understood what that guy was saying. The Color RGB Dont make a cheese of difference. its the pallent Index (DUH!!) so i am downloading a few paint programs (free not pirated) so i can perhaps give feedback or a program for the poor(like me) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:57 pm 
Young
Young

okey got that gimp program downloaded. made a new map for the correct size. added the index pallet for the dragon11.gpal ect.. then it shades the image to a light grey.

FOR THE LIFE OF ME!! =) i cannot figure out how to draw a stinkin anything. I used the pencil, the brush ect.. but nothing appears?

any clues would be great thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:56 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Try here http://www.ryandor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2467 .You might want to download http://stormcrow.ryandor.com/osiconversionmod11.zip and try that as a template also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:41 pm 
Young
Young

sweet thanks, with this and a lil magic (pure luck) i managed to get it working semi okay. Im still have a few issues with useing various desert and forrest (hues/index) that bring up odd errors. But ill figure out how to work it out or work against it =) thanks for the help guys.