Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:16 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

punt1959 wrote:
I thought the question was, once patched (client) to ML level (which latest patch brings all clients to), the map0.mul is larger. If you have a custom map0 , made under the older size, will the new client work with the old size (not emu)? I thought that was the original question, and issue that was being addressed. For custom maps, it "seemed" (based on this thread) that the new clients wouldn't handle the old size, and thus the custom maps needed to be extended.

No idea if that is true or false.

You are correct I think. I was just raising the question about the emus but I guess that is offtopic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:47 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Well I have successfuly tested straight up to ML on the current RunUO build. The only issue I personally had was that uo_rice couldn't find ML... but the other programs shouldn't have any issues finding it.

The other problem was the client version. If you run a world requiring any of the art from ML and people are using pre-ML clients they will be patched to 5.0.0b (as of the date today at least) but ML only patched to 4.0.11c. If your server requires 5.0.0b or higher to ensure people can see the new items you'll need to release a 5.0.0b client to players. *shrugs*

Nothing showstopping or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:34 pm 
Young
Young

Well I had a problem with all my players freezing up too when they crossed a certain point in the dungeons section. So it wasn't just me. But my program did begin crashing on start until I reinstalled it. But with punt's tool he wrote it fixed everyone's problem.

Also, it only effected 3d clients.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:46 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Puck wrote:
Well I had a problem with all my players freezing up too when they crossed a certain point in the dungeons section. So it wasn't just me. But my program did begin crashing on start until I reinstalled it. But with punt's tool he wrote it fixed everyone's problem.

Also, it only effected 3d clients.

Did the updated version address the random tiles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:35 pm 
Newb
Newb

How to update UOL for ML

Goto UOL/Data/System/mapinfo.xml

Add this Line

<Map Name="Mondain's Legacy (896x512)" Num="5" XSize="7168" YSize="4096" />

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:30 pm 
Young
Young

Well, when I downloaded it again it was the same file. Same sizes and same modified and creation date. But I tried it again, and it didn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:55 pm 
Just a quick question on something mentioned here. It was said that 5.0.0b is the client to use but through patching (with uo gold) all I could get was 5.0.0a (patch 20). I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong with patching... I'm downloading ML right now but I also know it doesn't work with UOG without extensive modifications. Anyone have an idea of what the latest client actually is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:59 pm 
Never mind. I apparently can't tell the difference between a 1 and a 0. I'm at 5.0.1a. Good thing I don't talk in binary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:01 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

hehe. This does raise a point I might have mentioned earlier though. I patched ML and it only went as high as 4.0.11 while AOS went straight up to the then current 5.0.0b. I would assume it's because the newer expansions have more content and thus require less patching.

Anyway... *goes to check the 5.0.1a changelog* I've had many users experiencing random client crashing and I know it isn't the ML map size. I already have that setup properly. I think 5.0.0b was simply botched. :)