Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:50 am 
I have, in the past, used both MulTool and Worldforge with no issues for freezing statics via Sphere exports. At least 100 times.

However, I have recently re-started work on my shard.

Reinstalled UO, patched up to latest client and statics. I think this problem has little to do with the update however (since the item appearnce and type means nothing so long as they are type 255, they should freeze)

The issue? Worldforge wont work. Says something about a file being over 4092 bytes. Any version I try has the same error.

MulTool, when i copy the original static and staidx files into its directory along with the .wsc file, flat out doesnt work at all.

I am getting immensely frustrated and have no idea why the items are not freezing as they should.

Has anyone had similar problems, or know a relevant fix? I suppose its also possible the versions I downloaded (3 of each program) are corrupted, or something too.

Is there another program i can use that will WORK? (staticfreeze.exe also does not do anything)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:24 am 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Have you tried the RUNUO ingame "Freeze" function?

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:29 am 
on that note, forgot some details.

WinXP, using WF 6, as well as the older versions, and the one posted in your file section (6.4?). When I run the one from this site I get some missing file errors.

would it be advisiabel to try the version from UOX3.org? I honestly prefer multool for doing things quickly, as WF usualy takes longer to write the changes in. But, since its not working at all WF may be the only other answer. *sniff*

considering other avenoues as well. Its nto a DIRE freakin emergency, but I have about 400 exported files to add to my world to liven it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:30 am 
as stated, I use Sphere , not RunUO.

also ahve tried using Axis to freeze, to no avail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:42 am 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Not sure what to tell you, I stopped using Sphere when it died...4 years ago.

Worldforge I've only used to touch up maps and never to freeze statics, its strange how Axis won't work though as I have never had a problem with that before.

If you can find it, you should try "Punts" new worldforge program. There may be a link on the Orbsydia.com web site since he hangs around there sometimes.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:47 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I believe WF can't freeze more than 32k items or something like that. If you split up the files that Sphere generates (pseudo UOX3 worldfiles..whee!) in multiple smaller files, it might work. Potentially a lot of work splitting up those files though, unless you have a tool capable of doing it for you.

Post subject: hrmmm
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:33 pm 
possibly, but it wasnt that many items. not even close. a ingle building, one floor + roof

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:52 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

You should try the UO Architect 2.6 for creating buildings. This will save you a lot of heartache trying to freeze them one by one. It will also allow you to export and save the buildings so you can use them on future maps, share them with your friends or place 60 buildings in an hour...

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:53 pm 
hmmm interesting ill check it out. was curious what that program did, since on the site for orbsydia it didnmt really get into what it can and cant do...question though, is it useable with Sphere or only RunUO?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:58 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

RUNUO only I think but you can design the buildings without even turning an emulator on then use RUNUO to place them.

Just because you place buildings in one EMU does not mean it cannot run under another, a static is the same as well as a multi to the game and the client. You can design in any of them then run it under any EMU you desire.

Dev

Post subject: Also WM Multi
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:27 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UOAR does require Runuo to insert into the map (it extends the runuo server scripts).

However, WM Multi , also at orbsydia, can build structures as well (along with cave floors, or any type of static collection), and merge them into the statics via the radar map.