Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Void areas
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:20 pm 
Young
Young

Hello all,

I've been using dragon for some time now, and I have come across (what I think is) a bug.

First, some screenshots.

1) Krrios client
2) Standard UO (AoS) client

It seems certain areas are created with a void landtile, or one which is not recognized as a valid tile, hence the client does not see it.

In these screenshots, the culprit landtiles are indexes 0x0514, 0x0511, 0x0512, yet I have found instances of 0x0512 elsewhere in this small area which appears as normal, without the void-ness.

Is there any other info you dev types need which I could provide, in order to resolve this problem?

I guess a temporary solution would be to remove the offending tile index from whatever file uses it, perhaps someone could suggest what that is so I can produce a proper map in the meantime :)

Best regards,
- Hawkens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:58 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Actually you should drop down -10z and see if the tiles are just to low to see from above. Sometimes they can be dropped as it compiles.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:23 pm 
Young
Young

Just checked. I did not see any outstanding tiles, but then, the other working tiles might have been obscuring the offending ones.

WorldForge indicates the Z level is OK as well. It seems to be just certain tiles... in my case, north/south and east/west transition tiles from jungle->grass.

Any other ideas? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:06 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Have you checked your original map to make sure that those areas are actually painted? Look at them with 500 zoom that will get you down to the pixel level in photoshop.

You may also want to check the forums here as I think some corrected scripts were posted for some of the transitions by Stormcrow.

Most of the time I use version 9 plus with custom scripts and dont have any problems.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:34 am 
Young
Young

Ya I am 100% certain the areas are painted; I'm floodfilling them with one color, then paintbrushing with another. No chance of a void area showing up.

On that note, the tiles appear as normal in WorldForge, but don't appear in-game. It must be a transition bug; I'll check for custom scripts as you suggest, and post my findings.

Thanks!