Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Map2Bmp?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:36 pm 
Community Guy

This is odd, I can't seem to get Dragon_m2b.exe to work right.

It'll give me a bitmap yes. But it comes out completley green. I've never used map2bmp before so I couldn't begin to ask how it's supposed to work. But basically it just gives me one great big green image. :D

When I use the Built in Map to Bitmap tool in Dragon 1.05 it doesn't seem to want to work either. Did this one ever get working? I thought Darus fixed it.

Anyway it gives me this error:

The current map defintion is 6144 x 4096
Allocating memory (MAP)
Allocating Memory (BMP)
Loading MapFile...
# Map Error : Map does not size the current format

If this is typical then Nevermind.

Anywho, can anyone give me a hint?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:06 pm 
Community Guy

Looks like we've got a horse of a different color!

I downloaded a few different versions of dragon_m2b.exe and tried all of them. :lol:

I seem to get a problem with coloration though. The newest map2bmp off of stormcrows site gives me a translation error saying that 27 isn't a valid integer. I assume it's a problem with maptrans.txt? So I downloaded the sing maptrans.txt off his site and now it runs all the way through no errors... but this time I get a purple map!

JOY! :lol:

The BMP image I am using is set up with the Mod11 colortable. Is this correct? I can't seem to figure out why it would want to take all the colors and make them one big color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:33 pm 
Community Guy

Okay, I figured out what the error 27 was.

Stormcrow, in the maptrans.txt file for the zipped release you have on the ftp the last line reads as follows.

ff 27 020 025a 025b 025c 025d 025e 025f 0260 0261 0266 0267 0268 0269 026a 026b 026c 026d

But I don't think that 27 is supposed to be there. So I removed it. It now reads like so.

ff 020 025a 025b 025c 025d 025e 025f 0260 0261 0266 0267 0268 0269 026a 026b 026c 026d

It now runs no problem. There is still a problem however in the fact that my map still insists that it is one huge block of cobblestone. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:14 am 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Hmmmm....I haven't looked at it in a while.
The problem is you need the special maptrans to "untransition" the map back into it's basic groups.
Anytime you get an "xx is not a valid integer" in Dragon well.....you guessed it; it means someone fucked up when they were writing the script. I don't know why it shouldn't work right though.

errrr....uhhhh....the one caveat....no, you mentioned that I think....you need an image already that is using the proper colortable as your destination....you did that....

hmmm.....I'll have to look at the maptrans file again, but it won't be tonight (it's late here)....I'll get back to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:36 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

So as far as i understand this, it's possible to convert a mul back into a bmp with all the transitions if you have the right maptrans script? Right now all i can do is convert it back with all the transitions gone (pure white in the bmp).

It will take me ages to correct them manually in Photoshop, i might even be faster repainting the whole map. *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:40 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

A little trick with that A-D is to select the terrain with the magic wand tool, and then expand the selection a pixel and refill. Even my maptrans for the converter isn't perfect, because there were some oddball transitions in jungles and T2A that I just didn't have the desire to fix.

I dunno how I missed that Naz, you're right, the 27 doesn't belong there, it should read "FF 020 etc etc" The 27 was the groupid, which is used in the 1.05 core, however because the m2bmp is based off 1.362 it doesn't include the group number in the maptrans. It was a lastminute add with the cavewall, because FF also has the distinction of being anything that the maptrans doesn't know what to do with it colors FF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:18 pm 
Community Guy

Well, I can't figure out why it won't work stormcrow... I'd be willing to send you the map0.mul so you can try to reverse it... that would at least tell me if it works or not.

BTW: I don't have to have any other scripts in the scripts directory for where I have the m2b program located right? I mean all I need in there is the maptrans.txt correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:45 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Uhhh....no, no other scripts. I'll pm you my email, or better yet put it up someplace I can snatch it, but it is my own exchange server so I can take the file. No funky compression formats please, zip or rar or something normal (I DESPISE ACE!) Just the map, don't need statics or staidx (I know you probably knew that, but just in case).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:56 pm 
Community Guy

Yeah, I knew you wouldn't need the statics. I'll go ahead and zip it up and see if I can't host it somewhere. I'm at my brothers tonight though so my site isn't up and working. I'll see what I can't do about getting it over to you tomorrow night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:19 pm 
Newb
Newb

Was this ever solved? I'm having the same problem...