Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Removing t2a
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:59 am 
Newb
Newb

Hey guys, I've done a search through this forum and have tried several programs to remove t2a without success. My goal is to replace that area with a custom piece of land.

I have tried extracting a .bmp of the original map with the idea that I could then edit t2a, and rebuild the whole map with dragon and distribute it like that, only that Dragon_m2b gives me an error and doesn't want to extract me a file. Is there another way of doing this, maybe something which could focus me directly on t2a (not to mess up the rest of the world as I have read m2b can do) and allow me to distribute only that file instead of the whole map file which is large..

The errors that I get with dragon are "Access violation at address 004016BC in module "Dragon_m2b.exe". Read of address 00C161B4" - this happens when I use m2b with a mod9+. And when I do it with another version of Dragon, not sure which one, it does not output a .bmp file if I do not specify one, and when I do the file cannot be read.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:36 am 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

map2bmp doesn't work without a lot of customization. Your best bet is to make a new map and copy the t2a replacement into the default map (hrmmm....that was my first map too, started small....). What you do is use a program like uocopy to merge the 2 maps. The T2A area is: 5120,2304 x 6144, 4096

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:28 pm 
Newb
Newb

Thanks Storm I tried what you said but I still a few questions. What tool can I use to remove the currect t2a because when I generate new land within the area of t2a with dragon all the old stuff shows through. And even then when I tried to copy the new area into the rest of the map with UOcopy nothen happened. What values do I need to enter into Off X,Y,Z? I think this is where I could be making the mistake.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:06 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

i believe worldforge will do what you want. extract t2a to an items file, ditch that file then extract the new area off your map into an items.wsc file, then melt that file back into the main map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:19 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Ok. We'll start from the top.
You made your new map. You ran Dragon. You ran DragonSP and froze the statics also clearing the current statics. Then you ran UOcopy.....ahhhh....which uocopy? There is uocopy which is a pos. Then there is uoworldcopy, made by Darus (the guy who made Dragon). That is the one you want. That will let you copy and paste your new area along with it's statics. Make sure you clear the destination statics and....oh....don't forget there are dif files as well. See tutorial about dif files if you don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:25 pm 
Newb
Newb

Ok, I was able to remove all the stuff from t2a. And your right I am running UOCopy, do you know where I can get uoworldcopy?

Another question, I have not actually started any work on my world beyond dragon, so I wanted to know which (if any) program is the best for manipulating land ingame. For example say I want to lower some grass to make room for a basement type room, is there a program which will let me either do something like that ingame or even out of game but still allow me to work with great details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:19 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

You can get it from my ftp, ldtek.com but a lot of people are having trouble connecting and I am not sure of the reason. Dian has it on his ftp, but he is on the move right now. I'm not sure if Ry got around to putting it up. Calarus should have it as well.

Worldforge is the only option you have right now for detail mapwork and it can't be done ingame. If RunUO is your emu then you can do statics work in game.

Orbsydia is working on programs that are going to let us do all map and statics editing in realtime 3d but they are in various stages of alpha and beta tests right now.