Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: building in runuo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:10 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

run uo has a great way to freeze/unfreeze things however i find building in it to be less than easy. is there a way to make it so you can drag items around like in sphere? i think i'd go insane nudging items as my only way of moving them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:02 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

you could do your building/static'ing in sphere then use runuo to actually run the server afterwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:10 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

thats would be my plan, just seeing if i could cut down on the redundency

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:44 am 
Young
Young

what about the [move command? instead of nudging. Or if you know the z coords for it you can type [set z #.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:04 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Obviously you are not fully aware of the complete command set of RunUO. It is extreamly powerfull. Do a little research on this.
If you want to drag static items around on RunUO, its simple.. make a macro for [set movable true -and- [set movable false when set true, you can drag it around, put it in backpack, whatever.. also... If you want a group of items set.. [area set movable true
As to nudging items.. there is a variety of commands that will work with many of the standard commands.. say you want to nudge it, but are unsure of the actual distance...
[m inc z 1
Now, you get target.. nudge once.. still have target.. the [m part, is saying you want to use the command multiple times.. just keep clicking the target untill its good.

Just a couple examples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:13 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

dian is the man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:19 pm 
Young
Young

yeah I meant to say all that! :lol: LOL I agree with Dain there are tons of great commands in RunUO, I almost forgot about the [area command. You can add that infront of alot of [set commands
my favorite is [area set hue ####

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:08 pm 
Young
Young

I done ridiculously extensive building in both. We had written a lot of custom sphere scripts to let us do specialized things as well like coloring based on item number. Deleting based on z level, etc. When I first switched to RunUO it was a difficult transition. There were so many things I couldn't do any more (or thought I couldn't). Now I would never consider building in sphere. The tools for runuo are amazing. The freezing and unfreezing on the fly, Pandora's Box http://arya.runuo.com/ is amazing. It does everything Axis did and more, and it all works. There are so many things that I can do with RunUO that I could never do with sphere.

The command that is difficult to understand but is so incredibly powerful is the "where" modifier. It works with most commands, including the single, area and global modifiers. I'll give you and example or two using the area selector.

[area set hue 1234 where item itemid >= 2345 itemid <= 2355
That will color every item within the targeted area that has an id between 2345 and 2355.

[area inc z 3 where item z == 20
That will nudgeup by 3 any item in the targeted area that is currently at z 20.

[area remove where item itemid >= 1000 itemid <=1005 z == 25
removes any item that is from 1000 to 1005 and is at 25 z. If it's at 24 z it doesn't touch it.

I could go on and on. The one thing that really made me cheer, the area targeting goes right on the range you select unlike the old nuke commands in sphere where you had to be one x and one y over.

The only feature that I have not been able to duplicate is the tiling multiple items at once in a pattern. I suspect I just haven't figured out how. I miss that feature for doing random looking floors.

The learning curve for RunUO is steep, but I personally am glad I made the change. I held on to sphere for many years and sometimes still feel guilty for abandoning it, but only briefly. I do still miss the ease of scripting. *sniff, sniff* RunUO coding is powerful, but really too complex for non programmers.

Good luck with your building rage88.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:31 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

sonic wrote:
The only feature that I have not been able to duplicate is the tiling multiple items at once in a pattern. I suspect I just haven't figured out how. I miss that feature for doing random looking floors.

Thats easy too :wink:

Take the wooden floors for example.. The N/S tiles are #1193, 1194, 1195, 1196. Okay, so the random tile command would be:
[tile static 1193 4

You see the standard tile command, with the #4 after the static item number. That tells the command to place randomly the next 4 tiles, starting with the one you entered, 1193.
You can use the other command modifiers as well with it, I imagine. although most of my serious world building was already done before the command modifiers were implemented.

If there are commands that you are looking for, that you are not aware of, or just think it would help World building, speak up. I may already have it scripted, or can maybe script it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:05 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

alot of good posts on this thread, some one should write up a guide and throw it in the tutorials.... maybe i will once i get it all figuered out, shouldn't take too long i've done good with everything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:05 am 
Young
Young

I agree, knowing how to delete a certain z is ......... a god send! THankyou!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:52 am 
Newb
Newb

sonic wrote:

Pandora's Box 2 has a few tools that provide random tiling, provided you install the server extensions.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:53 pm 
I need to replace all of a certain item code with another item in a selected area. Is there a way to do this?

Post subject: Drag & Drop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:30 pm 
Newb
Newb

I havent seen this drag and drop method on Shere, that would be nice.
BUT
Almost as good is using UOArchitect to select a group of items and click the direction arrows to slide it around or up and down!

This is the GREATEST tool for UO I have ever seen, with Pandora's Box a VERY close second!
I used to use HOG (Hand of God) in my TUS shard, and that was good, but this is MUCH better!

Thank you all for developing RunUO and the matching tools for it!

Post subject: Help
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:38 am 
Hey Im still new to RunUO, Ive learned most of the commands in game. But I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to make the shard not AoS, IE: Pre UOR is what im looking at. Thanks.

Post subject: Or....
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:34 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Or one could just edit in WorldMaker Map Editor. It has drag and drop capability.

Post subject: Re: Help
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:32 am 
Master
Master

SJDamon wrote:
Hey Im still new to RunUO, Ive learned most of the commands in game. But I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to make the shard not AoS, IE: Pre UOR is what im looking at. Thanks.

Whats features of AoS RunUO do you want to remove? I think you should to create new topic for your question.

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:46 pm 
I got mine to pre uor, Now Im wondering if anyone has a scipt with pre uor mobs/vendors/and doors already done that I could have maybe? if someone is will to do that, email me at Damon_uo@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:28 pm 
Master
Master

Please, write a little accurate. I'm probably can understand what are you wrote above....

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject: RunUO commands
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:31 pm 
can someone show me some command's and examples please? I just started using run UO and would like to learn the commands... thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:33 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

They are actually in a file which is included in the download of RUNUO. Look through your folders in RUNUO and one should be tagged "Commands" I think it was. (Havent used it in years)

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:57 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

In your RunUO/Docs folder, theres all the documentation of RunUO in *.html files.

Look for commands.html It has all commands listed there with definitions