Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: need a map
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:48 pm 
I suck at making maps...the last 4 I mad are horrible and dragon doesnt work very well for me...I need a map/world for my shard...proper credit will be given and you will be given admin rights and privileges on my shard...if your interested my aim is blindsniper44 and my email is firedfox@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wish I had the time to be able to make maps still, but it's just not possible. Making a map is an investment of time that should not be taken likely.
Maybe someone else is looking for a position as a map maker would be willing to work for your shard?

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:07 am 
that would be great to have another person on the staff....right now its me and another person but the other person has been a flake lately so yeah definately...you would also have admin and privilegs and rigts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:00 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

I think your visitors are wearing off on you, Ry... Your grammar! *zap*

Anyway a few things I thought I would point out... Making a map is a large investment indeed, and it shouldn't be considered unless you really are serious about your shard.

Given the fact that you are willing to give admin capabilities to anyone who helps you make a map, I assume you don't take your shard that seriously.

I emagine the map would probably just go to waiste. Maybe go to Merlin's site, though? (heh, Ry :P )

Post subject: yea
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:24 pm 
Cool sydius talked about my site! :D Cant believe it thx a lot. And nothing if you need a map you should try the ff7remix its the only one i have thats almost done. But you still have your work cut out for you. You would have to find all the errors in the map and change it. Then add towns and then work on the statics. Hope you get the help you need but map making is very tedius! :shock: Have Fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:52 pm 
nice assumption sydius..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:06 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

Well if a girl said "I'll have sex with whoever helps me change a lightbulb," do you think it would be safe to assume she was a slut? :wink:

Post subject: Nothing
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:19 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey man i would make a map for you. only thing is that it would take like 3 mouths to do it. and depends on the size and type as well.
i mean a map the size of uo would take me maybe 30 days. but i would need to know or see a map that you draw buy hand to go buy.
i made my own map 3 x the size of uo's map it took me for ever but it was my 1st map as well. now that i know i can make a map much faster but like i said it would still take time. and id i do this what would you do for me hummm. I dont want to be staff to your shard ill just do it cause i feel like a nice guy.
i have my own shard that i am still working on but i get bored of building my citys and sctipting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:37 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

One might think that a person that spends a great deal of time working on a map would be trustworthy.

not like a map can be done in a day, if it is, can't be all that good.

If you need some help I maybe able to help, depends how much time I have while not working on my map and talking to Ry :lol:

Waver

"This evil creation seeks to reek chaos and havoc upon all those that stand to uphold the righteousness of the world ... beware of what lurks in the night that human eyes can't see. .... the abyss is the foratude home of many creatures of the night."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:38 am 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

How long it takes you to make a map just depends on how you make it...

I've made maps in as little as 4 hours -- Very nice maps with no bugs. Very large, too, much more landmass than the original map. No cities, though.

What takes forever are cities, dungeons, and other special areas... :-(

Post subject: yea
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:43 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Thats the killer are the cities ,dungeons ,and so forth the main lands are ok and pretty fast. Now when you do something like a cave like minoc and so on its takes a while and towns to.damn i made illusion a bugless map at first with no cities or dungeons but i figured that it needs nice stuff so i worked it in there. Thats why its taking so long.