Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:53 pm 
Newb
Newb

Hello there!

Well, i going to open my free shard, pol 095, next year, the scripta re done, but there is a little problem. The decoration of the world. I was wondring if there is a way to delete all kinds of decoration, i mean, i hope that there is a way to delete all items (like del all the chairs) from the statics0.

If there is such way, can anyone help me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you're looking to clear every thing in one go then WorldForge or MulTool can do it.

If you're looking to clear specific items (only all chairs, for example) then you're in for a bit more work. Basically you'd need to melt the entire statics file into something that's editable. Then go through this file and remove the items that you wanted to.

I actually did something similar to this a long time ago. I melted (part of) a map into a wsc file. Then used a wsc file manager to sort/delete the items I didn't want.

I do not remember the tool I used to do this with, unfortunetly. It was, as well, a time consuming process.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:49 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ugh, yes it sucks. I've done it twice on my shard now.

I used UOSir to melt the world (although I believe worldforge can melt too) into a worldfile (does it in the sphereworld.scp format or uox .wsc format if I remember correctly... definitely sphere at least).

Then I used a find/replace to wipe out the items from it I didn't like.

Then I copy/pasted parts of the text to seperate files and staticed them back part by part with UOSP (my computer couldn't handle staticing that many 100's of megs of items at once hehe).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

While WorldForge can melt, I should have added it's a slow process since you have to melt block by block. MulTool is better as you can melt the entire file if you like, or just a specific area (and you can move the items if needed. Both melt to wsc files. MulTool required the extra step of clearing the area you've just melted.

The advantage with the wsc file format, is it once was the most popular file format for working with most emus. Hence there were many programs out there that could work with these files. (I just wish I could find the program that I did this with)

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:44 pm 
Newb
Newb

Cant you use Axis static tool to melt ? .. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:01 pm 
Newb
Newb

i didnt undestand...

ive tried to melt the world, then it generates a file with +- 450mb... ok.... im still waiting to see if my computers is going to open it... (p3 450, 380 ram...)

but.... doesnt have a easy way? like a tut with 5 ou 6 steps??

i just didnt undestand nothing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:26 pm 
Young
Young

Not to resurrect an old thread for nothing... but what did you use to put the edited WSC file back into your statics0 and staidx0 files? I have a 322MB WSC file to process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:03 am 
Master
Master

use worldforge. if there are to many items, split the wsc file into more files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

When I did it I had to break the worldfile up into multiple files, edit and static them one by one. Took about 12 seperate files, but then again my computer sucks.

There's a program that can split text files into sizes you prefer, or just evenly split them into 'x' number of files. Of course I can't remember the name right now, and I formatted months back and lost it. Try googling for it :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:39 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

If I remember correctly WF can only freeze a little over 30k items per session. And it'll crash and burn if there are any "mount-items" in the worldfile. But perhaps that's only relevant for UOX-created .wsc files...In UOX3 a "mount-item" is created and placed in the player's backpack whenever he mounts an animal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:08 pm 
Young
Young

Xuri, you're right. The size of the item # seems to crash it out :/ 1.865/.03 just isn't feasible.