Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:39 am 
Newb
Newb

ok guys im losing my grip trying to figure this out.

I have been working on a custom map using UO CentrED. Im using all custom tiles, and statics. Since using blank art, tiledata muls with only the custom art just crash the client i merged them into the original muls. Also this replaced a bunch of exsisting statics/tiles. I changed the tile id's for both map tiles and static tiles flags and names in tiledata.mul When i login with my custom map on my server using the proper files (RunUO) it is about 80% fine. But for some reason it choses not to display certain walls and floors. Also when i click stuff like a stone wall, it says "wooden beam" . So im starting to think that the tiledata.mul is not even used anymore with the newest client version? I triple checked my flags, names and properties in my tiledata.mul and they show up the correct flags and names. But in game it choses not to display certain items and name them falsley. Also in runuo if i [props a brick wall that says "ankh" when u single click it, the props menu shows its correct name "brick wall". Wtf?!!!! I read somewhere that people edit the floors.txt, walls.txt etc in the client directory. Im am so lost on how to edit these txt files, i always seem to think i understand the patterns but get instantly lost. But i still do not see how this would make certain tiles show up and rename them. Its like the client has a secret tiledata.mul somewhere its using instead of the one in the main directory.

I also noticed that the stock UO art, map tile 0x2 is VOID/UNUSED. With my custom map tiles 0x2 become a grass tile, 0x3 0x4 and 0x5 are also grass. Funny that 0x2 is the only grass tile it wont show in game? it shows a black spot. So i got a some grassy areas with a bunch of black squares. the other three grass tiles show up fine. Also some walls dont even show.

Any ideas? do i need to change my txt files? (floors.txt, walls.txt)