Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UOAR placing questions
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:45 pm 
Young
Young

Hi, once in the builder. Is it possible to change the hue or items and the level at which they are placed? at the moment a lot of items when placed on tables are too low and only have half of the image is shown.
Also, when i place items such as a curtains/wall mountings round the side of the wall. it removes the floor tile underneath. How can this be fixed?

Sometimes when i save and then reload up, some of my stuff is gone! This is annoying

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:04 am 
Newb
Newb

Hello, I'm new here but thought I'd answer your questions.
As far as I'm aware UOAR has a lot of little quirks as you describe.
I use a mixture of UOAR and in game editing to sort the problems out. Get Pandora’s box 2 to do the paintings and other thing in game. (Use nudge)

The houses made in UOAR are not frozen on the map when placed in game. You can nudge up and down tiles if they don’t fit and also you can change the hue etc. Remember PB2 or use [props

If you want to use an object that removes a tile under it, just dupe or [add a new tile and place the tile under it. This is when Pandora’s box comes in handy.

One annoying bug I have found is (I suspect) the foundation raises after saving and reloading. Change the level to foundation and delete it as soon as you start with a new building. This has helped me and suspect that’s what your disappearing object bug is.

Also remember to [freeze the building when your happy with it. Else you may find your building will decay (not time out but run out of memory or something.) when you build more buildings and use more and more objects. It also puts the building on the radar :P
Have fun.

Post subject: hmmmm ...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:55 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

First ...I've used UOAR for over 7 yrs and never had the issues you describe.

Second, try going to uo.orbsydia.ca for support on this product youll get more direct help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:53 pm 
Newb
Newb

I'm not sure if we installed it wrong or if its a new version but my friends and I experience all problems mentioned in the above posts.

Ps. Thanks for the new web address.