Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:15 pm 
Newb
Newb

*Edit/update at bottom*

I'm new to working with UO maps so forgive me if I am missing something obvious. I just started using Map Generator 2 and I was going to test to see if I was going the right direction by making an extremely general map.

I generated a terrain map to match the size of trammel. Played with it in Photoshop.
Generated an altitude map. Didn't mess with it as I just wanted to see if the map worked.
When I went to generate it I got an error:

Bad Terrain Image Index
At 90,2206 has index 77.

And about a million different versions of this error at different coordinates(?) and indexes.

In photoshop I converted it to RBG color and used only solid colors and brushes and this chart as reference(converted from .psp for web):

A test map can be found here (converted it to jpeg for web)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit:

Ok, I did another test map and it seemed to work fine. I think what happend was since I switched it to RGB color, some of the edges changed color and what not even though I was using a hard edged brush. The second test i did i just did straight on the bmp without adding layers/changing formats/changing color mode.

Is there any file format that works with indexed color that allows you to have multiple layers? I would prefer to work in layers if possible.

Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:11 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I believe that MapGen2 (and all of the BMP-to-MUL programs) will only work with a 256 color indexed bitmap.

You can probably keep a working copy using layers and then flatten the image (i.e. merge the layers) for the copy that you actually convert with MapGen2.