Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:36 pm 
Young
Young

Beaches seem to be giving me some trouble. Like others, I cant get my beach on level with the ocean but Im also having problems with transitioning grass to beach.

I want to have the steep clifflike grass embankment (light) go into the sand area. When I go from grass to ocean, I get the light embankment that I want, when I go from grass to sand its close, but its a more blurred transition, doesnt look nearly as good. Ive tried using grass embankment, sand embankment, nothing comes out right.

Would it be possible to add in a line of water to get the desired transition then cover it up manually with landtiles??? Is that even possible, if so how would I do it? I havent figured out a way to create landtiles as their numbers in insideuo are shared with static items....so I cant simply .create...any ideas?

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:41 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Use Worldforge to tweak the map befor you start adding statics on your test server. Worldforge solves all compiler issues, albiet a little slowly

I had similiar issues with grass to sand.... Mine, the transiton tile would pop in as lava.

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:46 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Pallando wrote:
Use Worldforge to tweak the map befor you start adding statics on your test server. Worldforge solves all compiler issues, albiet a little slowly

I had similiar issues with grass to sand.... Mine, the transiton tile would pop in as lava.

If a transistion is showing as "lava" in the cient, it is becuse the client (especially 2D), no longer supports that tile (even though in the mul). remove the offending tileid from the trasnistion file to use, and it wont occur. At one time, somewhere, I posted valid tiles (ones used in OSI maps), on this site. Those should be fine.