Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello and help please ;)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:36 pm 
Newb
Newb

G'day, long time reader of this site but never really got around to registering or posting.

I was working on a custom map a few years ago before taking a break from UO. I backed everything up where I was up to and shelved it... just recently ive had that UO itch so im trying to get back into it again.

I did the majority of my map in dragon 11 I believe and when that part was done I would tweak bits of it using a copy of Worldforge, I dont remember where I got this copy from exactly.. and im unsure if theres an updated version around... It says its 1.0 beta and the website listed is (http://sourceforge.net/projects/worldmaker). The thing I love about this version and basically couldnt live without now is the ability to switch between 2d and 3d mode so I can accually see how things will look ingame.

The problem im having at the moment is a strange graphical glitch when I load up Worldforge which I dont remember ever experiencing before. Im using all the same hardware and software I used last time so im not sure whats causing it. Any help in this matter would be appreciated :)

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that my palette.xml file doesnt seem to be loading anymore either, I click the paleltte button in worldforge and theres nothing there.

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:35 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you opening the Map0.mul for UO: Mondain's Legacy by any chance? I ask because they changed the size of the map when that came out and older map viewers/editors won't be able to read it properly.

Otherwise, you could try the POL version of Worldforge to see if you get the same results. Its basically the same thing except they have some stuff they built in for the POL emulator. But the good thing is, it has been updated, so its probably the most up-to-date version of Worldforge around.

http://www.welt-pergon.de/downloads/WorldForgePol.zip

If you still get the same results with this, the map is probably corrupt in some way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:24 pm 
Newb
Newb

I originally did the map using AOS from memory.. and possible installed SE at some stage during the process as well. I did insteall ML first off this time... to see if that is what caused it I completely removed UO, deleted my map files.. then installed a fresh AOS and didnt patch it then restored my custom map from CD again and the same thing happened.

The worldforge you linked seems to work without going all weird and crazy like the picture I posted above but I really dont know how people can use that version, it drives me mad not being able to see what altitudes look like and I find myself constantly loading up RunUO to make sure im getting things to look how I want.

Appreciate the help, i'll keep messing around see if I can work something out.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:39 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

You may want to try WorldMaker map editor ( I think it can be downloaded here). I changed the name from WorldForge (you are using the last Worldforge version I think I did).

It is very similar, but not exactly the same.

However, as I am not sure why your graphics are not displaying probably, I am not sure another version will help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:16 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

On other thought. Check to ensure you texmap file is properly specified in the mul settings. It looks as if only the textures are not correct.

Many miss or add an s to the file name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:40 am 
Newb
Newb

Thank you!

I had missed the s off the end of texmaps, I had reset those multiple times and somehow still missed it everytime.

Ive been using your tools for years punt and would just like to say thanks for the time and effort you've put into them over the years, I must have clocked up hundreds of hours in worldforge by now ;)