Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:54 pm 
Newb
Newb

I made a map for ilshenar using copy and pasted material form the OSI conversion in the Dragon 11 version. I then filled in the rest of map with what is supposed to be black 0 but when I run the bmp through Dragon I get funny things like this....

Now this is the drop ramp located in Ice heading down to the ratman fortress. This is not isolated. It is as if every color on the map was converted incorectly... Any suggestions as to what could cause this?

Thanks for your help everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:31 am 
Young
Young

It's pretty likely that your color index is the problem. I can;t say I know for sure without checking it over myself, but these results are typical of a map that has been made without first setting the image's properties to indexed color, and selecting a specific indexed palette to work from.

Color index basically means that the image will use one of 256 specific colors, which are specified in the index you chose for the image. These arent preset and will differ from one index to another depending on its purpose. When the mapping program looks at your image to decide what terrain it should place, it isnt checking the color itself... its checking whether the area of the bmp is color #1, 2, 102, all the way to 256, in the index. If you havent set the image up right to use indexed colors, the program will be confused as to which terrain is represented by which color, and may make some incorrect guesses.

If you think this may be your problem or want more help, MSN me at swordjester2004@hotmail.com . If youre using Photoshop I can probably tell you offhand how to fix it, otherwise we can at least try to figure out what else the problem could be.