Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:04 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Something i've noticed while working with the Multi editor together with drawing my map in photoshop...

It is quite timeconsuming drawing the street/structure placement without knowing exacly what dimentions said structure have. (I draw all my buildings from scratch ofc, and they are never rectangular or similar).

For example, I've drawn this market. It consists of a building, some animalholds, some stalls etc. That is, the baseline for this multi is highly irregular, so when Im trying to scetch the map to fit this, I lack a quick and smooth way to simply throw down the required color on my terrain.bmp.

What Im asking for is a function in the multieditor that allows you to generate a small bmp file wich will basicly be a representation of the tiles occupied in the z=0 altitude. This image could then be copied to my map image and put into a layer (I draw my map as a psd first, since I can then use layers). Hence, I would be able to se exacly what tiles my structure is going to occupy, and this would make creating streets, dirtpaths, walkways or whatnot a very easy job!

(an extention of this would be a z<0 for basements, with a diffrent colorcoding ofc.)

Think this would be possible? Personaly, I think it would be a great addition to the multieditor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:24 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Although it was geared toward MapGenartor I, take a look at MLTPlacer. It made a radar image of your mlt file, and let one place it on an image.