Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:23 pm 
Newb
Newb

iv downloaded RunUO 1.0.0 server and im not to sure how to set up WorldForge 6a for it!

I did not download the RunUO 1.0.0 Source codes but if i need them i will.

Do i need to download RunUO 2.0.0 Rc1? With the source codes?

I have a working, fully patched version of Ultima Online Gold (which included 2d and 3d versions of orignal and samurie empire)

what my problem is basicly is that i want a RunUO Server 1 or 2 (if theres another server program plz give a link) that i am able to change the map files to create my own world... and maybe a tutorial or 2 to explain how to set it up, and how to use it.

If there is a better (or simpler) way of editing maps (not including scripting) also place give a link... Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:29 am 
Master
Master

http://www.ryandor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3011

A tutorial on how to create a map with Map Generator. To edit a map with worldforge would take years because its one tile at a time, but worldforge is excellent for touching up.

Post subject: Well...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:28 am 
Newb
Newb

Well i want to make all the world my self... i could use the generator of things like forests and such, but i want to make all the towns caves doungeons and land by my self... i dont want it to be randomly generated... so i would like to figure out how to set up worldforge to use RunUo 1.0....
Here are some questions:

1.were is the saidx01.mul in RunUO 1.0? could you use another file or a .cfg instead?

2.were is the static01.mul in RunUO 1.0? (same part as above)

3.were would Items.mul be found?

4.were do i save the maps?

5.Do i need to download the RunUO 1.0 Source codes?

6.Do i have to use RunUO 2.0 instead of RunUO 1.0?

7.Are there any tutorials for map making ingeneral?

I know these are alot of questions but iv never done this before (not with ultima at least)... i like having my own server becuase i used to have a first star online server b37 and a 2.0! I realy liked mapping the world and such... i've also make makes for an asortment of games.

P.s Ty for the generator crabby ill look in to it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:16 am 
Master
Master

The thing with Map Generator is you do make the entire world by yourself. You hand paint it in MSPaint, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, whatever you want. I'm pretty sure you dont need to set up world forge to work with runuo 1.0, I dont use RunUO 1.0 anymore but the files you are looking for like staidx and statics are in your UO folder. Check your Datapath.cs file in RunUO that holds all the info on where it points to your files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:17 am 
Master
Master

Actually if you do a little searching on the forums here you can find worldforge info, i just came across this: http://www.ryandor.com/oldsite/guide/wforgetutorial.html

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:41 am 
Newb
Newb

Ty for the tutorial crabby, it will be very helpful! i will also look into map generator 2 (as i said in my presvuos post) since you said "You hand paint it in MSPaint, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro".

I will also look in to another server starter (UOX3), becuase it seems that Runuo isn't very popualer on this forum!

thanks age :D 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:32 pm 
Master
Master

Don't let people scare you away from RunUO. It's all a personal choice. I find RunUO is very easy to use out of the box. It's also very powerful. The downside is that you have to learn C# to script anything complicated.

Not that there's anything wrong with UOX3, just don't let someone else dictate which emulator to use. Try a few and choose one you like.