Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can I just add a map?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:20 pm 
Young
Young

I am wondering if its possible to just add a blank map so i can work on customising it without having to tamper with the maps aready provided. Also if i have a bmp file of a small map can it be made to import in the game somehow? I have the map editors i need i think but not certain on how to run it yet if there is anyone with a good tutorial to help out a newb map maker i would appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:38 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Not at this time no, there are only the 4 ingame maps so one of those would need to be replaced to add a custom map.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:06 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unless your using a custom client :P

Krrios Client MIGHT be able to do it. Varan's (Palathir[SP?]) Client can do it. And Im pretty sure IRIS can as well.

Problem is all of the above clients arent completed for the standard OSI set. Varan only does what his shard needs. Krrios hasnt been updated for ages (So some SE, and most ML stuff won't work right).

IRIS I dont keep up with, so I dont know the state, but thats full 3D and not neccesarily what you want in a client (I prefer UO in 2D myself, unless the 3D was really good).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:04 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Iris, when I looked about a month ago, has some beautiful landscapes, horrible character animations (I couldn't use it even if it were perfectly functional, simply because the horse is really dumpy looking when it walks :p), and very unfinished in functionality.

I expect great things from Iris if it's ever finished, they added a new shader in for lighting that looks absolutely amazing.. very atmospheric. However, half my shard's dialogs wouldn't open, the EFFECT packet wasn't added yet (which broke all our spells :p), and other creature comforts of the standard OSI client were missing still.