Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tired of long compiles?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:38 pm 
Young
Young

Okay this might be old news to some of you but I figure it might help some poor soul out there with a slow computer :)

If you are done with the geography for your map but are still working on the statics, put your map0.mul aside and then make a backup of your scripts folder (the one in the dragon directory). Then, open up the scripts directory and delete all the folders except 'items.' Then open up all the text documents and remove all the contents except for groups.txt and items.txt. Now open up items.txt and specify only the statics you currently want to test. This helps a lot if you are trying to perfect the number of stalagmites in the caves, or the number of brambles in the forests, etc. Just don't misplace your backup!

Now compiling takes under a minute :)

I hope this helps people.

-Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:55 pm 
Newb
Newb

Why bother with moving all the files around....all you have to do is comment out all the stuff you don't want to test. That way you aren't looking all over the place to find abckups and files you have moved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:41 pm 
Young
Young

Yeah I agree... would make more sense but I was kinda thinking that many of the people doing this might mess something up while playin' around with the script files. Figured I would give them an excuse to back everything up :)