Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:51 pm 
Young
Young

I myself would Love to see a patcher, but I also would LOVE to see a prgram (Dragon I hope) that will allow you to compile a larger map then just 7160 x 4096. As for RunUo.......Well we wont go there with that Community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:00 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

keep reading.. the program to make any sized map is already here :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:04 pm 
Young
Young

LoL Please dont tell me its UOLamScaper...heheh j/k I think it has a great potencial but I dont much care for that program, its a resource hog, Maybe when they trim up the code Ill try it again. I have read many many post and dont see the program you speak off, UOCopy? I realy hate to ask, but im must be missing something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

The next thing we need is for someone who is good with assembly to write a patcher to increase the number of skills allowed by the client!

A guy did this awhile ago for the 4.x.x series of clients but it doesn't seem to work with newer clients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:09 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Warloxx wrote:
LoL Please dont tell me its UOLamScaper...heheh j/k I think it has a great potencial but I dont much care for that program, its a resource hog, Maybe when they trim up the code Ill try it again. I have read many many post and dont see the program you speak off, UOCopy? I realy hate to ask, but im must be missing something.

Punt's Worldmaker. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:23 am 
Young
Young

Punt's Worldmaker will compile it from a raw BMP to a *.mul file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

WorlMaker Map Generator 2 will, yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:35 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

If you hadnt found the info yet, World Maker works basicly how UOL 2 was suppose to. to sum it up.. yet different programs, much the same for end results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:09 pm 
Young
Young

Hello all, Well Ill try not to set anyone off, but I have some questions about MapGenerater 2.

1) do you need to have UOLandscaper installed as well? I mean does Mapgen2 install into UOlandscaper

2) Do you need to create 2 BMPs? Like the terrain and Altitude bmps like in UOLandscaper?

3) What are the prerequistis to be able to run Map Gen2?
Windows service pak 2? VBR 6.5? etc..

4) The XML files in the mapgen2 dir. do they need to point to any specific locations?

Sorry for all the questions and I hope not to upset anyone with them.
Thank you all for your help and patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

1. MapGenerator 2 no longer uses UOL data files. So no UOL is needed. The formats are different for the data. The latest data is generated by stromcrow, and we are still working out a way to get the data up for use.

2. Yes, one needs two images. One can use mapgenerator to make the terrain image starting point , and then paint it. Then, use that, with mapgenerator to get you a base altitude , that you can then modify. When complete, have mapgenerator compile the map. At the moment, as it is testing purppose, the output is always named map4.mul/statics4.mul, and staidx4.mul. Those are just names. rename them to whatever map you are replacing.

3. Map Generator 2 does NOT require NET. One must download the QT dlls and mingw dll avaiable on the worldmaker site. It should work on pretty much any version of windows (at least recent ones, e.g. win98 and up).

4. There is a configuration.xml that must be updated before running the program. MapGenreator will use those values for information. Some of them, it will later allow you to override if you desire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:03 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

We're friendly around here Warloxx, no need to apologize for asking questions :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:41 pm 
Young
Young

Hi to all....i change the hex values of the wrap point ....but nothing hapens...do i need to make smth with the diff files???
I wanna leave the whole map0 for maping so i set the 00 14 to 00 1c ...like the map width

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:39 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Any changes made should apply immediatly. Make sure you are saving the file once you have modified it, and also make sure you are running the modified file, and not the original client.

If you see the left hand pane (Inspector), you'll see the values. What you want to do, is set the Signed Int Value of the WrapX and Y, to the full map value in tiles (7000 odd on an ML client).

I do not suggest directly modifying the Hex value in the center pane, as I have no idea if it works, or is different to how I did it.

The other possiblity is that this was never tested on old clients, if you are using an older client it may or may not work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

So... whatever happened to all the tools that people were going to write to automate these map-size-changing-processes for us? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:56 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I was actually speaking to someone earlier about that, my inherent lazyness has left all my projects severely backed up, and I need a boot in the backside to get on track again :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:53 am 
Young
Young

Hmmm...i use client 5.0.2c....i'm sure i saved it corectly...i'm sure i'm running it...i change on adress 19:0580 and 19:05b0 BUT :( nothing happens...can anyone try and say if he is succesfull?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:56 am 
Young
Young

Bmzx007 wrote:
I do not suggest directly modifying the Hex value in the center pane, as I have no idea if it works, or is different to how I did it.

What do you suggest to do...??? how can i change in other way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:04 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Select where the value is you want to change. And change it in the left pane called the "Inspector".

Change the value of a Signed Integer, to what you want in Tiles (In your case, The map's full length).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:50 am 
Young
Young

Sorry...but not really understanding what you are saying....maybe my hex editor doesn't have any Signed INteger replacers....sorry but can you say it in other words...maybe i'll understand (sorry another time)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:25 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Sorry heh, It all depends on what editor your using, If your using 010 Editor like me, In the left pane, It gives the likely values for each different datatype when you select a value from the center pane.

In your individual program, Im not sure how it would work, or if it even would work at all. What I'll do, is test that specific client later tonight.

The other thing you have to be careful of, is that the Memory Addresses could be different, and most likely are (Everytime the UO client is added too/fixed/etc it will shift things up or down slightly).

Don't rely on my images for the exact location of these values. Find the pattern yourself, its quite noticeable, as it will look exactly like the pattern in my picture does.

Also make sure you are modifying the right Map0, There are two of them, to be safe, make sure you modify BOTH Map0's and BOTH Wrap values (X and Y). If you only set one Wrap value, you will get some interesting results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:31 pm 
Young
Young

I don't rely on your images....i found the needed sequence on anoher adress...19:0580 and 19:05b0....if you'll test 5.0.2c you'll see that the adress is right.....
Quote:
Also make sure you are modifying the right Map0, There are two of them, to be safe, make sure you modify BOTH Map0's and BOTH Wrap values (X and Y). If you only set one Wrap value, you will get some interesting results.

i modify only the x value because there is no need to change y value as i don't modify map size....i just wanna move that wrap

By the way i use "WinHex" and "HDD Software Hex Editor"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:54 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Sorry brain not working this morning. The only thing I can think of why it wouldnt be working, is if you've only changed one of the map0 values, instead of both.

And then in the UO client, you are looking at the unchanged map. You havent said whether you changed both or not, so if you havent go try that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:02 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Right, I grabbed WinHex, and highlighted BOTH the values you need to change, And I also highlighted the Data Inspector you need to change them with.

Work with the 16bit value only, I wouldnt suggest playing with the 32bit value just incase. And by default those are all signed values. If you want to check for sure, Right click inside that small window, Goto options, and you can tick the data types you want shown.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5106/winhex1sq.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:13 am 
Young
Young

The funny thing is that i do exactly what you say...modifying both values and nothing :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:41 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I PM'ed you.